"To provide a nationally available transportation resource for people who are in immediate need of relocation and housing, due to life threatening danger from domestic violence".
"In our desire to fulfill our mission, we have created a resource that is the collaborative effort of many organizations who believe we can accomplish more if we work together". ~ Tracey Milligan
The Milligan Foundation is a nationally available resource for domestic violence victims in need of transportation and relocation services. We provide direct assistance to victims through the purchase of bus, train, airline tickets, and point to point secure escort. We also provide supplemental support to shelters by providing gas cards for in-house transportation services, and we host a monthly support group for survivors rebuilding their lives. Our services began in 2011, and since that time we have helped over 300 domestic violence victims get safely to shelters across the country. Our mission is made successful by our ability to purchase tickets for travel, gasoline, and the collaborative work of many shelters. The funds used to cover transportation costs are 100% donor supported. None of the funds donated are used for operational overhead.
Our goal is to be able to facilitate a move of location to a safe place anywhere within the United States. Our services are called upon by shelters, police departments, county social services, and hospitals.
Our motto is, "We will move anyone, anywhere, anytime".
What We've Achieved
- Over 300 clients moved to safety in 4 years.
- A nationwide network of over 500 shelters.
- An international domestic violence resource database.
- A monthly support group for survivors in 4 major cities.
- Direct transportation specialists in 5 states.
- Assists with composition of public policy for the U.S. and Australia.
- Helped launch domestic violence campaign in Saudi Arabia.
- Published the book "Destruction of Love" by Kathryn Lee-Ryder for free distribution in the U.S.